Senior Scientist Hydro Aluminium
Studies in material science and engineering (still teaching) at the IMM Institute of Physical Metallurgy & Metal Physics at the technical university RWTH Aachen (Dr.-Ing. 1985, Habilitation 1988).
1978 : academic career at the RWTH Aachen technical university (10 years)
1988 : ALCOA Technical Center (R&D) Pittsburgh/USA : senior engineer
1991: VAW Aluminium AG / Bonn (F&E), Abteilungsleiter „Walzen“ changed into :
2002 : Hydro Aluminium / Bonn (R&D) : senior scientist
2017 : Owner “Aluminium Consulting” Königswinter/Germany, Consulting, Expertise, Teaching & Training for “Aluminium - Metallurgy, Processing and Application” (u-t-d),
current positions & activities :
• Senior consultant for Hydro Aluminium Rolled Products R&D Bonn
• Professor (apl.) at the Institute of Physical Metallurgy & Metal Physics “IMM” Technical University “RWTH” Aachen - Director Prof. Korte-Kerzel
• CTO HoDforming GmbH Düsseldorf “http://hodforming.com/”
• Lehrbeauftragter IUL - Technische Universität TU Dortmund
• Guest Professor - Central South University, Changsha, China
• Remote Researcher - Samara National Research University Russia
• Member of the board of the German Society for Material Science “DGM” (president 2015-16) "www.dgm.de" and head of FA „Aluminium“
• Member of the EUMAT EU platform steering committee
• Member of the ICAA international committee (president 2004-16)
Skills and experiences:
Project organization, technology scout, scientific R&D and BU support,
Training & tutorials on Aluminium science, technology, processing& application (teaching physical metallurgy & aluminium technology as apl. Professor at IMM
> 200 technical publications & articles, editing several books on Aluminium
Member of numerous professional organizations : DGM, TMS, EAA, WVM, BDI,.
International Aluminium research projects, e.g. : “VIR* projects”, “SLC-super-light-car, “Light-eBody”, “AluMatter” = internet based public e-learning tool
Conference organisation on Aluminium e.a. : “ICAA” , ECAA, LightMat,..